There was a post on face book fromIMG_26701-224x300
The Love of Golden Retrievers that stated the following :
A family brought there dog Jake to the dog park to socialize with other dogs and to run and play
Jake found a ball at the park and began playing with it
The family thought nothing of this , as dogs love to play ball and Jake was no exception.

After Jake had played with the ball for about 1/2 hour he went and took a drink of water and then became very lethargic so they took him home…this was strange behavior for Jake.

Jake was a healthy and happy family pet..
He died shortly after the family got home..
Apparently, someone in town , didn’t like dog parks and had poisoned the ball and left it at the park.
The toxicology report said it was poison.

I understand this is very rare  but the message that they wanted to share to save other pets and families fromAnneandAbbie8 such heartache is this :

DO NOT LET YOUR DOGS PLAY WITH ANY TOYS AT THE PARK THAT THEY HAVE NOT BROUGHT WITH THEM FROM HOME…

This post is not meant to frighten anyone or discourage anyone from taking dogs to parks to play…just a warning to be very very careful
In memory of Jake““
Pet Sitter Annie
One can never be to safe when it comes to caring for are pets