All polices & procedures have been established in order to allow Sarah’s Pet Sitting, LLC (SPS) to provide the most Excellent Customer & Pet Care Available. We appreciate your trust in our expertise and our years of experience. Our Policies & Procedures have been put in place solely to Benefit Our Clients & Pets.
*SPS strictly requires a minimum of once per day visits for cats in our care, if the client will be gone for entire day & night. SPS strictly requires a minimum of two visits per day for all dogs in our care, if the client will be gone for the entire day & night. See #28 for details.
1.Visit Length and Arrival Times: Visit length may vary 5 minutes longer or shorter from the scheduled amount of time. The visit length starts then your sitter starts gaining entry ands end when your sitter finishes securing your home. All entry/exit time is a part of your scheduled visit length. Visit arrival will vary within the scheduled 2-3 hour time window. More specific arrival times will be honored when possible but are never guaranteed.
2. Online Profile is Required: It is the responsibility of the client to provide ALL information needed for the care of pets and home via the Leash Time Secure Online Profile. It is the sole responsibility of the client to keep the information in the online profile up to date and accurate at all times. Online Profile completion is REQUIRED before scheduling all new client meetings.
3. Note Book: Each client is provided with a pet-sitting notebook at his or her first scheduled service. The date, arrival, & departure times will be recorded for each service as well as important visit details. The notebook is property of SPS and should not be discarded or altered by the client. The client may write to the sitter in the notebook if needed. All others not employed by SPS providing pet care, before, during or after, the time SPS is providing service, must record all pet care provided in the pet-sitting notebook.
4. Service Providers: Pet Sitting services are provided by managers & employees of SPS only. Services will be scheduled with the clients primary pet sitter whenever they are available. When the primary pet sitter is not available, requested services will automatically be scheduled with another pet sitter employed by SPS. Your pet sitting may be reassigned to another employee pet sitter or SPS management at ANY TIME due to factors beyond the control of SPS. NO OUTSIDE PETS OR NON SPS Employees are allowed to be brought on client property by the employee pet sitters. Please notify SPS management immediately if you feel this has occurred.
5.New Client Meetings: New clients receive one FREE 30 minute meeting with their primary pet sitter. Free Meeting must be scheduled TWO WEEKS in advance. If a new client meeting is scheduled with less than TWO WEEKS in advance a non refundable payment of $26 is required. The $26 payment can be credited towards future services once the client has booked and paid for at least $500 in services within 90 days of the new client meeting.
Additional meetings will be at the cost of $26 per 30 minute meeting with pet sitter, $36 per 30 minute meeting with Owner/Manager Sarah or Alex MacDonald. $22 per key pick up or drop off.
6. Scheduling Services: To request services please visit the SPS website www.sarahspetsittingonline.com and log in to the Leash Time Secure Online System and “request visits” or call the SPS office at 203-439-0456. Services are NOT booked until you receive confirmation via email that “services have been booked as requested” Once services are booked as requested all payment & cancellation policies apply.
7. Cancellations: To submit a cancellation please visit the SPS website and Log in to the secure online system, select the appropriate dates on the home screen, and press, “cancel” on the services needing cancellation. If you are not able to log in please call 203-439-0456 and leave a specific message to submit your cancellation. Services are NOT canceled until you receive notice via email that your “services have been canceled as requested.” View full cancellation policy here
8. Keys: SPS will obtain two copies of your house key during your first free new client meeting. Please have your keys ready & labeled. Your keys will be signed into our system and kept securely on file with SPS management and/or employed pet sitters. SPS management must approve alternate home entry methods prior to the start of services. All keys must be picked up/dropped off during a meeting or visit scheduled and paid for with SPS management. A secondary method of entry via hidden key, garage code, or key in possession of a neighbor is also required. All key drop offs or picks are $22 per visit. We can return keys via the USPS for $18. Alternatively we can destroy & discard keys free of charge. View full key policy here.
9. Payment: SPS accepts payment via credit card ONLY via our secure online system. ALL payment is due PRIOR to the start of services. Services WILL NOT be provided if payment is not received prior to the start of services. View full payment policy here.
Refunds: We have a strict NO REFUND policy. If services are cancelled after payment has been made your SPS account will credit towards future services.
For new clients payment is required in full upon booking of the first service or first week of services. For established clients payment is due on Friday for all services starting in the following Monday through Sunday. SPS may require a credit card on file for automatic payments at any time to start or continue services. When new clients book service with less than two weeks notice, payment in full for booking of at least $100 and $26 new client meeting is required before we can schedule the meeting & services.
10. Household Emergencies: Please provide the name and number of a trusted maintenance company or a person you can rely on to attend to any household emergencies that may arise during your absence. This includes but is not limited to; leaking pipes, malfunctioning water heaters and heating and air units.
11. Additional Pet Care Assistance And Other Scheduled Services: Sarah’s Pet Sitting is not responsible for other persons in your home prior to, during, or immediately after our services have been rendered and who are not employee’s of Sarah’s Pet Sitting. Please inform us at the time of the consultation of anyone who may have access to your home while you are away. This includes cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbors. It is understood that the client will notify anyone with access to the home that the services of Sarah’s Pet Sitting have been engaged. Unexpected guest will be asked to leave; the police will be notified if they do not comply. All individuals providing pet care must provide detailed records in the Sarah’s Pet Sitting notebook. If people are entering your home other than SPS owner, IC”s, or employees. SPS cannot be held responsible for the loss, injury, or death of your pets. SPS will also NOT be held responsible for any damage to your home or theft that occurs if anyone other than SPS is entering your home or property.
12. Inclement Weather: SPS uses the best judgment in caring for your pets(s) and home at the time of inclement weather. Sarah’s Pet Sitting will try to carry out your instructions to the best of SPS’s ability. Customer selection of a nearby emergency contact has been requested. View full inclement weather policy here.
13. Snow and Ice Removal: All snow and Ice removal is the responsibility of the client. Please make arrangements for someone to come and remove all snow & ice from your driveway, walkways, and home entrances/exits. NO refunds or credits will be given if we are unable to reach your home due to snow or ice. Your emergency contact person will be notified. The client is responsible for any injury that may occur to SPS owner, IC’s, or employees due to improper snow and ice removal. The client is responsible for any injury that may occur to their pets, or any house soiling or damage that may occur due to improper snow & ice removal. Please provide shovels, ice melt, and flash lights at all entrances or exits SPS will be required to use.
14. Pet Guardianship: In the unfortunate event you become incapacitated while your pet(s) are in our care, please name the person(s) who should be contacted to become the guardian and take over the care of your pet(s) until care can be provided as arranged for in other legal documents prepared by you. We urge you to address care of your pet(s) when planning your estate. Please be sure the named person(s) is/are aware you are appointing the guardian(s) of your pet(s).
15. Medication/Vaccinations/Immunizations: SPS will attempt to administer medications as directed but is not liable for complications that arise as a result. SPS will not provide service for any pet that has any form of active contagious illness. SPS requires that all pets have the necessary vaccinations and immunizations required by law before service begins. We may require proof of up to date rabies vaccination and an up to date rabies tag is required to walk pets off of clients property.
16. Injury of SPS: It is the client’s responsibility to disclose all previous bite, aggression, and health history of their pets. It is also the client’s responsibility to disclose ALL possible safety hazards in and around their home. If a pet care provider of Sarah’s Pet Sitting is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may be incurred as a result. This includes the owner of Sarah’s Pet Sitting, employees, and independent contractors. If a pet care provider of Sarah’s Pet Sitting is injured or exposed to any disease or ailment received from hazardous conditions in the clients home or property, the client will be responsible for all cost and damages that may be incurred as a result. This includes the owner of Sarah’s Pet Sitting, employees, and independent contractors. It is the client’s responsibility to provide a safe and hazard free environment for pet caregivers as well as their pets.
17. Unforeseen Purchases or Vet Emergencies: It is the client’s responsibility to provide all needed food and supplies for your pets. If we need to purchase supplies you will be billed for such supplies and the time/gas involved for us to gather such supplies. One veterinary trip totaling no more than 1 hour of our time may be included with service at no extra cost if needed. Additional time will be billed at the cost of $35 per hour.
18. Pet Waste: SPS will properly dispose of your pet(s) waste. We do request however, that you provide plastic bags for this purpose and indicate where you would like these waste bags disposed of. It is the client’s responsibility to provide a clean waste free yard upon the arrival of Sarah’s Pet Sitting. We do not clean waste in the yard present prior to our arrival, nor can we walk our play with your pet in a waste filled yard.
19. Collars/Leashes: Please provide secure collars with appropriate tags for all visits. Please provide a secure easy walk harness and a short sturdy leash with a handle close to your pet. Please provide proof of rabies vaccination and written permission if you would like your pet to be leash walked off of your property. Leash walk time is at the discretion of Sarah’s Pet Sitting, based on the visit length scheduled, your pet’s behavior, appropriate leash and harness being provided, and the weather conditions.
20. Fences: Sarah’s Pet Sitting does not accept responsibility or liability for any client’s animals that escape or become lost or injured, fatal or otherwise, when instructed to leave the clients animals in a fenced area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other type of fence. The use of invisible fences is at the risk of the client. Sarah’s Pet Sitting is not responsible for any injury, loss, or death of your pet that results from us being instructed to use an invisible fence. NO pets will be left by SPS unsupervised between visit in an invisible fence or tied in the yard. If friends or neighbors visiting your pet leave your pet in an invisible fence or tied in your yard SPS is NOT responsible for any injury, loss, or death of your pet that may occur.
21. Other Animal Interactions: We will do our best to keep interaction with stray or strange animals to a minimum. Please notify us if your dog is allowed to interact with any other specific known dogs in your neighborhood while we are leash walking.
22. House Cleanliness: SPS will clean up after your pets to the best of our ability. Please inform us of the designated area for the appropriate cleaning supplies. SPS is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). We request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, and trash bags. If there are accidents above and beyond the normal amount anticipated, SPS will charge a reasonable fee for clean up time.
23. Thermostats: Please leave your thermostat settings within a normal comfortable range. 55 – 75 degrees for cats and dogs is appropriate. If the house temperature is outside of this range, Sarah’s Pet Sitting will adjust the thermostat to ensure the health and comfort of your pet(s). Please make sure all air conditioning and heating units are in good working order and leave instructions for use. Please leave information for whom to contact if the heating/air conditioning malfunctions.
24. Client Communication: Please contact us by calling 203-439-0456, logging in to our secure online system, or by emailing our office email@example.com. Manager & Sitter cell phone are not monitored regularly, so we ask that all communication be sent to our SPS office phone or email only or sent via our online system.
Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm. During this time SPS management processes online request, emails, & answers and returns phone calls. Outside of this time communications are monitored for Major Emergencies only.
Personal phone numbers and email addresses of our pet sitting employees are provided as a courtesy and should be used only in emergency situations when the SPS office can not be reached. SPS employee pet sitters DO NOT have the ability to schedule, cancel, or change ANYTHING. Please contact the SPS Office with all scheduling request/changes and for all policy related questions or concerns.
25. Photos or Videos of your pet may be used by SPS for advertising purposes: On our website, social media, emails, or printed advertisement. If you do NOT wish your pets photos and or videos to be used please notify us and we will make note of it in your profile.
27. Rates: SPS reserves the right to change our service rates at any time. Our rates are typically adjusted on Jan. 1st & July 1st if needed
28. SPS strictly requires a minimum of once per day visits for cats in our care: if the client will be gone for entire day & night. SPS strictly requires a minimum of two visits per day for all dogs in our care, if the client will be gone for the entire day & night. Three visits a day may be required for dogs at the discretion of SPS management. We have the right to decline service at anytime if we feel that an adequate schedule has not been booked to allow for pet care that is in line high standards of SPS pet care.
29. Damage to Client Property: SPS is NOT responsible for any damage done to clients property by the pets. If your Pet Sitter damages something in your home, please report it to the SPS office immediately. We require that an invoice, receipt, or estimate for repairs be provided to us within 30 days of the incident. We will provide a credit to your SPS account that will apply to any future services booked. Any damage claims over $500, or requiring refund or payment to the client will be processed by our insurance company. This will also apply if the sitter was unaware of the damage that occurred.